Personal Information we collect
When you visit our site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse our site, we collect information about the individual web pages that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to our site and information about how you interact with our site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
– “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
– “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
– “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Sometimes we may use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
How to access your personal information
You have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
If you want to exercise either of the above rights, email us at [email protected]. Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting).
We may charge you our reasonable costs of providing to you copies of your personal information or correcting that information.
How do we use your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to:
– any business that supports our services and products, including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data-center that we use to provide the website or other services and products
– a credit reference agency for the purpose of credit checking you
– a person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority)
– any other person authorised by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency)
– any other person authorised by you.[A business that supports our services and products may be located outside New Zealand. This may mean your personal information is held and processed outside New Zealand.] This includes offsite back storage overseas from our data-center supplier.
Security of your personal information
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold is protected against loss, unauthorised use, access or disclosure and any other misuse. We apply careful administrative, technical and physical safeguards that are appropriate for the sort of information we collect, to ensure that your information is safe and secure at all times.
Need to know more
If you’re not sure about any of the jargon above, pick up the phone to give us a call (old school, but it works!) or send us an email (just click on the button below).